Your Home Feed on Samsung Food is a great place to find out about all of the fun activities that have been happening in all of the Communities you have joined and the recipes you love.
The Home Feed is not only a great place to review activity but to initiate activity as well. Specifically:
- Add a recipe to a Community with or without a review
- Start a conversations or ask a question in a Community
Please note that in order to contribute to a Community, you must first join it so that it shows up in your list of Communities to select for your action.
Note: Some Communities may be “closed” meaning that they only allow Community owners or admins to contribute recipes. If this is the case, you will not be able to post recipes in that Community, however you can still join the Community and view and save recipes.
Posting Recipes from your Home Feed
When activity on your Home Feed inspires you to save a recipe to one of your Communities you can share right from the Feed:
1. Press the + button in the bottom right corner of the screen and choose 'Create post'
2. From the Your post window, select Recipe. A list of your saved recipes will appear.
3. Select the recipe you’d like to add. If you have not already marked the recipe as Made It! and/or left a review, notes or tips on the recipe you are sharing,
4. You can now leave your review or skip this by tapping the X to close the How was it? window.
6. Select the community where you want to share the recipe and press the Post button. Once you’re ready to add your recipe, members of the Community you posted to will see your post on their Home Feed and on the Recipe tab of the Community where you posted. To see your post on your Home Feed you will need to pull to refresh the screen.
Note: To maintain the great experience that Communities can provide on Samsung Food, we have some rules and guidelines around participation in public Communities that ensure they deliver the relevancy and variety. Please see the How to Contribute to a Community section in Getting Started with Communities to learn more.
Posting a question or starting a Community Conversation from your Home Feed
Community Conversations is a great way to connect with other people who share your specific interests, to help other members and to get help. Now you can turn inspiration from your Home Feed into opportunities to engage with others around topics that are interesting and important to you...or just plain fun!
1. From your communities tab, press the + button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Press the Create Post button and Your post window will open.
3. In the drop-down, all of the Communities you have previously joined will be listed. Select the Community for the post.
4. Enter your a short post title in Post title (required) and, if needed, the details of your post in Your text post (optional).
5. At the bottom of the window, find the Attach recipe or photo (encouraged!).
6. Take a photo with your camera (Take photo), add a photo from your library (Photo library), or attach a saved recipe from your recipe box (Attach recipe). If you attach a recipe or image, a thumbnail of your recipe or image will appear in your post.
7. Once you’re ready to add your post, select the Post button. Members of the Community you posted to will see your post on their Home Feed and on the Conversation tab of the Community where you posted. To see your post on your Home Feed you will need to pull to refresh the screen.
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us. We're happy to help.