Getting Started with Samsung Food: Create and Manage Shopping Lists
New to Samsung Food? We’re thrilled you’re here, and we can’t wait to help you connect your food journey from recipe inspiration to meal creation. To get you started on the right foot, we’re answering some of our users most frequently asked questions so you can take advantage of all Samsung Food has to offer. Keep reading or jump to a specific question below.
Create and Manage Shopping Lists
Turn any recipe into a shopping list. Create and manage multiple shopping lists, add one-off items or entire recipes with just one click, invite others to collaborate, and order items online or pick them up in-store.
How to Create and Add Items to Your Shopping List
Create multiple shopping lists and add items individually or directly from a recipe.
To create a new shopping list:
1. When you sign up for Samsung Food, you’ll already have a default shopping list set up so you can start adding items. However, you have the ability to create multiple shopping lists.
2. To create a new shopping list, select Lists at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen. Then, click the Create new list button at the bottom of the screen.
4. A pop up will appear with a default shopping list name which you have the option to change. Once you’ve entered a name for your list, click Create and you will be taken to your new shopping list.
To add individual items to your shopping list:
1. From your shopping list, click the + icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Start typing an item into the text box at the top of the screen. As you type, different options will appear below.
2. To add an item to your list, you can either tap an item from the list that appears or type the entire item name into the text box and then press Done.
To add ingredients from recipes to your shopping list:
1. You also have the option of adding items from your recipes. To do this, navigate to your Saved tab and find the recipe you’d like to add to your shopping list.
2. Next, tap the three dots next to the recipe name. Select Add to... from the menu that appears.
3. Then, choose Shopping List.
- Note: You can also click into the recipe and press the Add to button in the bottom right of the screen. Then, select Shopping List.
- Quick Tip: Want to double the recipe? Or cut it in half? Before you click "Add to" from inside the recipe, use the + or - icon to adjust the servings and the amount of ingredients needed. Then, click Add to and select Shopping List.
4. Once you’ve chosen to add the items to your shopping list, a new pop up will appear where you can choose which ingredients you’d like to add.
- Quick Tip: Samsung Food will alert you to items you might already have. You can choose to deselect all of these ingredients or just a few. Unchecked items will not be added to your shopping list.
5. Choose which ingredients from the list you’d like to add to your shopping list and click the Add items button at the bottom of the screen.
How to Share a Shopping List
Invite collaborators to your shopping list so others can add, remove, edit, and check off items.
1. Tap the Lists at the bottom of the screen
2. Press the Share icon in the top right corner of the screen
3. Begin typing a name or email address into the text box to invite a collaborator. As you type, Samsung Food will display contacts in your phone to choose from. You can also type in the full email address and press Send.
4. The collaborator will receive an email from the Samsung Food Team inviting them to join your shared shopping list.
- Note: Collaborators without a Samsung Food account can still view the shopping list, however, they will be unable to add, remove, edit, or check off items on the list. To do so, they’ll need to create a Samsung Food account.
How to Print a Shopping List
Easily print your shopping list for a trip to the grocery store.
1. To print a shopping list, you must be signed into Samsung Food from the web (not using the mobile app)
2. From the Shopping tab, select the shopping list you’d like to print by selecting a list from the top left corner of the screen
3. In the top right corner of the screen, click the print icon
4. Your printable shopping list will open in a new window
5. From there, you’ll be able to choose whether you’d like to:
- Sort items by recipe or aisle
- Display text in a small or large font size
- Show a recipe key for recipe ingredients you’ve added to your list
- Include additional lines where you can write in any other ingredients you might need after you’ve printed your list
6. Once you’ve set the above options, press the Print button and select the printer you’d like to print with
How to Delete a Shopping List
Remove shopping lists from your Samsung Food account.
1. To delete a shopping list completely, you must have more than one shopping list. If you only have one list, it will be your default list. Default shopping lists cannot be deleted.
2. If you have multiple shopping lists and would like to delete a list, tap Lists at the bottom of the screen
3. In the top left corner of the screen, click the menu icon. Select the list you’d like to delete from the menu that appears. You will be redirected to that shopping list.
4. In the top right corner of the screen, tap the three dots. Then, select Delete list from the menu.
- Note: If there is no option to delete the list, it is set as your default list. You will see a yellow star next to Default list in the menu if this is the case. In order to delete this list, you’ll have to create another shopping list and set it as the default list.
5. You will be prompted to confirm this action. Deleting a list cannot be undone. If you’re certain you want to delete the list, press Confirm delete.
How to Change Measurement Units for Shopping List Items
Adjust the measurement units (grams, cups, ounces, etc.) of an item or items on your shopping list.
1. From your shopping list, click on the item you’d like to adjust
2. A pop up will appear with the item’s name, quantity, unit, and comment box
3. To change the measurement unit, simply tap ingredient quantity and unit
4. You can then select the quantity and unit of measurement (tsp, can, pk, g, etc.)
5. Press Save
- Note: The measurement quantity will not automatically convert to the new measurement units. You will also need to adjust the quantity if you change the units. For instance, if you have 1 pound of pasta on your list and you change the unit to ounces, it will then show as 1 ounce of pasta. To keep the amount of pasta the same, you’ll need to update the quantity to 16 (1 pound = 16 ounces).
How to Add Items to Your Shopping Cart
Move your shopping list items to your shopping cart to begin the checkout process.
1. Once you’re shopping list is set and ready to go, you can begin the checkout process by tapping the shopping cart icon in the top right corner of the screen
2. You’ll be redirected to a new window where you can choose a store to purchase your groceries from. You’ll also be able to review the shopping list items in your cart.
3. For certain stores, you’ll be able to swap out different brands and adjust the quantity of items directly from this screen. Then, you can simply click Add items to cart and you’ll be redirected to the store’s website to checkout and pay for your order.
4. For other stores, you’ll be prompted to continue to the store’s website where you can choose specific brands, adjust item quantities, schedule delivery or pickup, and pay for your cart.
How to Change a Grocer
Choose between multiple grocers based on your zip code.
1. From your shopping list, start by clicking the shopping cart icon in the top right of your screen.
2. Next, you'll be prompted to enter your zip code.
3. Based on your zip code, a list of grocers will appear. Choose which grocer you’d like to purchase your items from by clicking on the grocer's name.
4. If you've chosen a specific grocer before, you’ll be redirected to checkout at that grocer by default. To change the grocer, simply tap the grocer's logo at the top of the screen. Then, tap the grocer you'd like to shop with.
- Note: Make sure the zip code shown is for the area you live in. Your zip code will determine which stores show as available. You can view the zip code at the top of the screen. Next to the zip code, press Change to update your zip code.
Have a question we didn’t answer? Check out more of our Getting Started with Samsung Food help articles:
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us. We're always happy to help.